Monday, April 4, 2011

Mother's Day

Turns out that Scotland has it's own Mother's Day. Just like Jordan and America. Now we have three days just for my mom. I bet she's happy.

Scotland Mother's Day was yesterday. On April 2, Dad and I were at a grocery store buying her a bouquet of flowers and some cards, when she spotted us and walked over to the cash register where we had almost escaped. She saw the huge bouquet of flowers I had in my hand and gasped. "Oops." was all she said for ruining our little surprise. But, she didn't see the cards in my hands, so I slipped them behind my back. Yesterday we presented them to her, and she was a happy mother.

Yesterday we also went to my first distillery. I've been to a ton of vineyards from living in Virginia, but never a distillery, so it was interesting. They walked us around, showed us how everything worked, and gave out whiskey tastings to the parents while Colin and I walked around the gift shop looking at everything.

Our time in Scotland is half way over, I'm going to miss all the grass when we return to the desert.

No comments:

Post a Comment