Thursday, April 21, 2011

Braces Hurt

For months we've been going to the dentist, planning out my braces treatment. The day we got them was the 20th of April. Yesterday. The whole process took about 30 minutes. We got home and they didn't hurt. I went to bed and they didn't hurt. I woke up. There, right in the time of when I was half awake and half asleep, they throbbed. It felt like my teeth were slowly being pulled. That woke me right up.

I went to school with my mom saying "You can come home if it hurts to much. Just call me." But no, I'm stubborn. I wasn't going to let these metal wires on my teeth stop me from doing anything. I was going to rise above and prove to myself that I could do it.

It wasn't very hard, except for when I was taking a quiz or trying to concentrate, they didn't bother me. For lunch I sucked on spoonfuls of peanut butter and yogurt. If someone offered gum, I said no, and put my mind on something else. I love gum. It was hard, but right there were my braces stubbornly saying "Do I hurt yet?" or "Come on, take a piece, you know you want to."
But I didn't, and my first full day of braces is almost complete.

Oh yeah, I haven't even gotten the bottom ones yet. I get those three days before my birthday.

Thanks mom, it's going to be a painful introduction to my 12th year of life.

2 comments:

  1. OMG OMG I WANT PICTURES!! NOW NOW NOW NOW! NOOOOOOW!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol, I cant though. My dad left the camera in Scotland. :(

    ReplyDelete