Saturday, October 22, 2011

Baking Therapy

Okay, okay. I know I wrote a new post yesterday. But something's happened between now and from when I hit submit.

My mom went a little crazy.

See? She put on an apron!
But who can blame her? Her husband left for Iraq and her daughter got blue hair extensions and went to a school dance all in 24 hours. 

So, for therapy she decided to bake food. Most moms would go to a salon and get their nails done and call it nail therapy, but not her. She baked food.

Which is a miracle in itself since we don't bake food. If I want cookies or brownies, I make them myself. We don't even bake food for holidays, we throw parties and let people bring us deserts.

But yesterday, some strange bell in my mom's head went off and she got out recipe books and googled food conversions and went to grocery stores.

It started with pumpkin pie.


And then two pumpkin pies.


And then cookies.


And then frosted cookies.


And then bread,


brownies,

pretzels,


and pumpkin cheesecake.


 And meanwhile poor Ike scavenged around waiting for something to fall on the floor.






 We had to bring in another table to hold everything.





But frankly? My mom can do the baking therapy as many times as she wants. It benefits me anyways. She cooks, I eat. Everyone is happy.


And now we have deserts ready for Thanksgiving. I hope it's okay to put pumpkin pie in the freezer for a month.







No comments:

Post a Comment