Friday, November 4, 2011

It Rained

I must be some kind of fortune teller.

Or maybe I jinxed it.

Or maybe I'm just amazing at writing posts and mentioning something that then happens the day after.

While I explore into this talent I have just discovered, I will tell you how exactly it developed. In my last post I said, and I quote: "How many times has it rained here?

Zero. We need rain."

Well guess what, it rained last night and this morning. Of course I'm on break and slept in so I didn't get to see it. But I saw the wet streets and water droplets on the windows.

It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, it didn't flood the streets like last years, but the rainy season just started, we've got four more months to go. And then it will be hot and dry again.

I gotta give it to Jordan, although the country needs way more water, the weather is amazing, and in the summer you'll never have to rebook an outdoor party because of rain. You might have to because of dust and sand storms, but it's not like those happen all the time.

I love winter over here, it gets just cold enough that you need a heavy sweatshirt, hat, and scarf. So you feel all cozy and warm. And then the air is so crisp. Well, it's actually normal, the dust's just gone so it feels more clear.

I've made up my mind. I think I just jinxed it.

I have jinxed the weather. Now be amazed since this will probably never happen again.

Oh well, it still rained.

No comments:

Post a Comment