Tuesday, June 14, 2011

As These Years Go By.

This time two years ago, I was living in a hotel, because our house in America had been sold, and our house in Amman hadn't been assigned yet.

This time last year, I was at the pool of an embassy that I could run through with my eyes closed. I'd been to Petra, the Dead Sea, Wadi Rum. I'd ridden camels, and donkeys, and horses.

Now? We're getting ready for the Bidding List to come out, so we can figure out where we're going next.

And in a year? I'll be moving again, just like I have my whole life. Entering a completely different world to follow my dad. Giving up everything that I'd learned and gained to learn even more, and stretch a little further.

And where has it gotten me? Everywhere.

Literally.

And until I graduate from high school, these years will go by, and I'll be in a different position every time, expanding my boundaries, learning to trust, and getting over the fact that life isn't fair. And for me, right when it all feels normal, and safe, you move again. And the feeling's lost.

These years have brought pain, and luxury. They've brought experience, joy, sadness, and difficulty.

But these are the years I won't forget.

Here's to accepting, and growing, and flying through time.

Here's to moving.

Here's to the years that go by, and the ones that are coming.

Here's to living.

No comments:

Post a Comment