Monday, June 20, 2011

Lunar Eclipse

Well, June 15th wasn't just my birthday, it was the day of a Lunar Eclipse. I don't know if you could see it in America, but it was beautiful. And, I'm sorry I don't have any pictures. I was at my friend's house for an End-of-the-School-Year Party, and didn't bring a camera. Instead, I watched the whole thing with all my friends in a field near her house, with a fire, making S'mores.

S'mores are a treat here. I mean, they're a treat anywhere, but especially here. There's no real camping spots to make your own fire at, and even though you can always see people with their own fires right besides the street, I'm not entirely comfortable with that idea. So we have to wait for that lucky moment when there's actually a good location. And then you have to find the supplies, which is even harder.

You can find Hrshey's chocolate after a couple minutes, and marshmellow's are probably the easiest. But the are no Graham Crackers.

Seriously.

For the two years we've been here we have not been able to find one box of Graham Crackers. The only kind we've found, is the honey flavored ones, at the Grocery Store at the embassy. We've tried making S'mores with them, but it's just not the same, and it doesn't feel right, so instead, we completely change S'mores to a roasted marshmallow and a Diestive Cracker.

I don't know if they have them in the States, maybe they do, but I don't remember seeing them. They're just cookie like things covered on one side with milk chocolate. They're delicious, and with them, I can make Jordan S'mores, what I have un-creativityly named a Digestive Cracker and a roasted marshmallow.

Bon appetite.

There's the recipe for your newest treat.

No comments:

Post a Comment